October 22, 2010

38 Week Update!!

Well, I'm 38 weeks today and no sign of Luke yet! At my weekly appt on Wednesday I was told that his head is now engaged and that while I'm still only 1 cm dilated, I'm progressing well. I figured his head had "enagaged" on Monday because that's when I started noticing a lot of lower abdominal pressure. Now it pretty much feels like I'm walking around with a watermelon between my legs. If I didn't waddle before, I do now:) I'm so thankful that my job only reqires me to walk 10 feet from my office to patient exam rooms and back. I really don't think I could handle much more!

So the plan is this: if I don't go into labor on my own by next Thursday, I'll have another ultrasound to check his size. Then they'll probably schedule me for either an induction or c-section depending on how massive he is. He was already estimated to be over 8 lbs at 36 weeks so I can only imagine what he must weigh now! I have a weird feeling I'll end up with a C-section but I'm definitely going to try and avoid it. Mark thinks he's so big because of all the grapes I eat:) I haven't had any major cravings but I do manage to eat about a pound of grapes every other day. So maybe he has a point. I like to remind him that there are worse things I could be eating but If Luke hates grapes I guess we'll know why ...

No comments: