One thing that's been interesting is all of the unsolicited pregnancy advice and comments I've received, and it only seems to have increased as I'm nearing the end. I guess I must just look clueless (which is sort of true) and in need of help. Who knows, but some of its pretty funny. Most of the more interesting tidbits have come from my patients (who are all taking narcotics so maybe that explains some of it) but there have been a few random strangers in Target and Publix who have also felt the need to share their "wisdom." I've listed below a few of my faves ... I'll try and add any additional gems that I hear in my final weeks...
"Whatever you do, make sure you eat LOTS of carrots, they're key."
"You're baby has definitely dropped... yep, won't be but a few more days now"
(Glad she was wrong! I was only 25wks!!!)
"Are you sure you're 8 months? You just look way too small. Might wanna check on that"
"Woah! Man, you've gotten big! Sure there aren't triplets in there??"
"Have you been doing squats? You've GOT to do squats!! It'll make labor a cinch!"
"Are you getting drugged? Or going natural? You should go natural. You can do it!
It's all about the breathing and relaxing your hips."
"You know what yer havin' yet? A Boy?
Well good luck cause mine's given me nuthin' but hell."
1 comment:
this made me laugh :). love the shower posts and you're getting sooo close! can't wait to meet the little guy! much love!
Post a Comment