March 27, 2010

The Adventure Begins ...

Well, I've decided to follow some of my friends and start a blog for any friends or family who might be interested in our journey to parenthood. This whole blogging thing is sort of an experiment for me so don't expect too much:) I'm going to try my hardest to keep this thing updated so here goes nothing ....

On Saturday, February 27th I woke up and started getting ready for the day. I decided to take a pregnancy test because I knew Mark and I had plans to go to Sweetwater Brewery for an afternoon event and also to our friend's stock-the-bar wedding shower that evening. Between the two, I knew I would probably have a drink or two so I figured I'd take a test just for peace of mind. We'd been trying for a while and every time the test result had read negative so I expected the same result this time. I had no symptoms whatsoever. In fact, I really think I had more pregnancy symptoms previous months. Weird. Anyways, I noticed the positive line as I was brushing my teeth and about choked on my toothpaste. I didn't believe it and so I took another. And another. All positive!! I ran into the bedroom and woke Mark up. Between all of my excitement and tears he thought somebody had died. Once we got things clarified we both just sat there in shock. We're finally going to be parents!!! How exciting!!!  

No comments: