Yesterday Mark and I went on a tour of Memorial Hospital's Labor and Delivery unit. I must have signed us up a little early because all of the other moms-to-be were much further along and looked like they could easily go into labor during our tour. Anyways, by the end I felt pretty good about where Luke will be born. Its a very nice floor with a NICU right around the corner which is nice for peace of mind - especially since Memorial is the only hospital in the area that has one!
Overall, I think the tour made everything a little more real for both of us because we know we'll be there within just a few months. At one point the tour stopped in front of the nursery window where you could see one little baby boy flailing his arms and kicking his legs trying to get out of his burrito-wrapped blanket. I told Mark that's what Luke has been doing inside me for the last few weeks. It's amazing how hard he can kick sometimes. He's taken my breath away more than a couple times and seems to get the most excited when Mark talks directly to my stomach. Its funny because it really seems like Luke responds to his deep voice. Mark's favorite thing to say to him is "Luuuuke I am your faaaather" in his best Darth Vader voice. I think that will get old fast.
Also, last night we unpacked the crib and plan on putting it together this week! I'm excited to get moving on the nursery and will post pics as it starts to come along. Pics of the rest of the house are also coming someday but I want to get a little more done first. Its still a huge mess but we're working on it!
No comments:
Post a Comment