July 2, 2010

We're Having a ...

BOY!!!!!! I still can't believe it! I'm SO excited!

One Wednesday, Mark surprised me and came home a little early. Ever since he left a few weeks ago I've been concerned that he'd miss our appointment to find out the baby's gender. I had already re-scheduled once - which was so hard to do! Other people I know who are due after me had already found out what they were having while I was still in the dark. That's tough to deal with when you are as impatient as I am!!

Anyways, going into our appointment, I pretty much knew it was a girl and I think I'd convinced Mark of the same. We already had a name, a possible nursery theme, etc. I had even already registered for a couple girl things because I just knew that's what it was. We both honestly didn't care what it was because its our first. The only reason I felt it was a girl was because of what our ultrasound tech had said at the 12 week appointment. She had looked at the spine alignment and a few other things and said she thought we may be having a girl. Of course, I latched onto that passing comment and almost immediately started referring to the baby as "she." What's funny though is that after we got home from the 12 wk appt., I got on the internet and found a website devoted to 12 week photos and gender prediction. On this site, you can look under the girl section or boy section and see what various 12 week ultrasound photos looks like. I spent a good couple hours staring at all the different photos and came away confused. I was confused because my photo looked nothing like the girl photos posted but instead looked more like the boy photos. That made me think there might be a possibility that the U/S tech was wrong but I still figured that she knew more than I did.

Also, something interesting happened a few weeks after that appointment. I had a really vivid dream one night about our baby. Only, in this dream the baby was more like six years old. I had helped our child get ready for school and dressed them up in a dress with a bow in their hair. After I finished I stepped back and said "oh you look so pretty" then the child looked up at me confused and said "but mommy, I'm a boy." That's when I woke up. Weird huh?

So I guess the signs were there, u/s photo that looked like a boy, weird dream, I'm carrying low, no nausea, etc. But I'm still in SHOCK! When she told us (it was a different u/s tech) I really about rolled off the table. I glanced at Mark and he had the biggest smile on his face. He asked her if she was for sure and about at that time the baby moved into a position where there was no mistaking it for anything else;) We are 100% having a little boy or "Mark Junior" as Mark likes to say, which scares me to death after hearing stories of his youth. Hopefully my genes will prove to be more dominant:) Now we've got to figure out a name........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hauss!!