June 12, 2010

New City, New House, New Job!

We're not living there yet but within the past two weeks Mark and I put a contract on a house in Savannah!! This home buying process has been intense to say the least. Those more familiar with our situation know what an ordeal this has been for us. I know its never supposed to be easy but I think our particular experience has been especially trying.

Anyways, I'm so happy with our decision and that we'll be living across the street from one of my best friends!! Ever since Mark and I first decided to make the move to Savannah, Kristy and I have talked about how neat it would be if we were neighbors. I honestly never thought it would happen but God has an interesting way of working things out sometimes:) Our closing/move in date is set for July 16th so I'll be sure to post pictures of our house once we're settled.

Also, this past week I got a job! What huge relief that was! In just a few weeks I'll be working as a nurse practitioner within the Rehabilitation Institute on the Memorial Hospital campus. I'm both excited and terrified about this opportunity because its such a drastic role change from my current position as a staff RN on a med/surg floor. This should definitely be an adventure:)

In unrelated baby news, I felt a kick (or something like that) for the first time while at work the other day. It felt like a weird muscle spasm/fluttery feeling - obviously hard to describe - but I'm assuming that's what it was. Exciting! Now I'm SO READY to know what he or she is!!! Our appointment is set for June 21st but Mark will most likely still be in the Bahamas at that time so we'll probably need to change the date to the first week of July. I just might explode by that point. Luckily, I've got tons of other things to keep me occupied in the meantime. Things such as HGTV:) I've recently discovered this fabulous channel and have quickly become obsessed with all things decorating-related. You see, I've spent nearly four years in a garage apartment with Mark's decorating "style" and haven't said a word. Until now. He has no idea what's coming his way:) I can't wait!!

1 comment:

Philip and Stacy said...

SO excited for you guys! Wow, so many things to be thankful for! I can't believe that y'all are moving to Savannah's own "Wisteria Lane" with the "Chr-isty's"...can't wait to come down and see you all!