April 9, 2010
10 weeks - Heartbeat Update
I had a patient at work yesterday with severe peripheral vascular disease. As part of my assessment I had to use one of our portable dopplers to assess his pulses. That got me thinking ... I wonder if its still too early for me to hear the baby's heartbeat with a doppler? We were able to hear it for just a few seconds during our ultrasound but that was at 8 weeks and I knew it usually takes several more weeks until you can hear it with just a doppler. So, for experimentation purposes I took one of our extra dopplers and went into a spare room to see if I could find it. And I did!!!!!! It only took me a couple minutes but I heard it loud and clear pumping away at around 150 -160 bpm!! That was so cool! Now I'm going to have to resist the temptation to check it every day I'm at work;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment